Questions to ask BEFORE you book
Not all dive operators and resorts are equal. Before you book, here are a few questions to consider:
- Does your dive operator have their own compressor?
If the dive operator does NOT have their own compressor, where does your air come from? Is it safe? And do they offer Nitrox?
- Tulamben Wreck Divers has three of their own, carefully maintained, compressors and offer both Nitrox & Air.
- Are the Dive Guides employed permanently or freelance?
If the dive guides are freelance - how well do they know the dive sites, especially the Liberty wreck. Will they be able to ensure you find all the exciting critters on these dive sites? How long have they worked with the Operator.
- Tulamben Wreck Divers' Dive Guides are all local and on staff - most have worked for TWD since it opened in 2003. That's a lot of underwater dive site knowledge. Plus all the guides share discoveries, so you will never miss out, whoever takes you diving
- Does the Dive Operator work to exacting Western Standards?
This is an important consideration for your safety.
- Tulamben Wreck Divers is a PADI-5 Star Operation, ensuring high standards of equipment, equipment maintenance, cleaning, international training standards. We endeavour to meet all your high expectations and provide the best possible experience.
- Does the Dive Operator have an appropriate Dive Training Pool on site?
Especially important if you are considering learning to dive or any further education. If the pool is not convenient or does not meet training standards, how will that affect your experience and final diving skills?
- Tulamben Wreck Divers has a custom-designed, purpose-built dive training pool on site (it also looks beautiful). It is 3.6m deep - and standards dictate training pools need to be deeper than you can stand up in. With TWD, your training will be undertaken in the utmost comfort.
- Do the prices quoted cover ALL the costs?
Or are some hidden, or not clearly stated. Best to check before booking.
- Tulamben Wreck Divers' dive/accommodation packages include transfers from Kuta, a variety of brilliant rooms, COOKED breakfast, all diving gear (no additional rental costs) and personal dive guide.
- How close is your Dive Operator situated in relation to the main Tulamben dive sites?
Convenience is key to your holiday. How far will you have to walk or ride in a car.
- Tulamben Wreck Divers is situated right in the middle of town opposite the Liberty Wreck Dive site. It is a simple 2 minute walk to the water and all your dive equipment is carried ahead of your arrival on site. Coral Gardens, Suraya and the Drop Off are also very close.
We endeavour to provide our visitors with the best service possible and work hard to ensure all your requirements are met. We also offer day trips and suggestions for when you are not diving!
For more information - please download our brochure here (or click on the image.)
We look forward to making your holiday extra special
Please leave your comments in our visitors’ book at the dive centre before you depart, we welcome and learn from feedback. (Good or bad!!)
Safe travelling, safe diving and best wishes to you all.
Tulamben Wreck Divers
Tony & Dot Medcraft, Wayan Ambek, Dive Guides, Instructors, Resort and Villa Staff.